February 17 is Random Act of Kindness Day
Saturday, February 17 is Random Act of Kindness Day. Make a note to do kind deeds throughout the day – or even better, work week!
Share the fun! You could win big prizes from Terryberry for your Random Act of Kindness deed. Post a photo or video showing how your employees demonstrate random acts of kindness on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, and tag or mention Terryberry in your post to enter our 12 Months of Recognition challenge! Use the hashtag #RecognitionHolidayChallenge
Looking for Some Inspiration?
Here are 16 unexpected random acts of kindness that will make your workplace a happier place to be.
1) Help an officemate with a difficult or unpleasant task without being asked.
2) Leave a favorite coffee or soda on a co-worker’s desk.
3) Send a note to the boss telling about something spectacular that a colleague has recently done at work.
4) Smile at everyone you pass in the halls.
5) Send a photo eCard just to say, “I noticed”. (This app lets you do it for free)
6) Plaster your office neighbor’s computer with sticky notes, each with a different trait you appreciate about him or her.
7) Give a genuine recommendation to someone on their LinkedIn or other business network profile.
8) Ask about a co-worker’s kids.
9) Hand-write a note of appreciation and mail it to a coworker’s home.
10) Interject a positive comment when others are gossiping.
11) Pay a sincere compliment to your boss.
12) Leave a sticky note with an inspirational message on a coworker’s windshield.
13) Brush ice or snow off coworkers’ cars in the parking lot.
14) Give a co-worker a book on a topic that interests him or her.
15) Ask a newbie out to lunch.
16) Get a few coworkers together and make a video about the awesomeness of one of your peers.
There are countless ways you can celebrate Random Act of Kindness Day. How ever you choose to celebrate, be sure to remember to share your photo or short video on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, and tag or mention Terryberry in your post to enter our 12 Months of Recognition challenge! Use the hashtag #RecognitionHolidayChallenge