Today’s Motivation Monday comes from Terryberry’s Wisconsin/Eastern Iowa Business Development Manager, Kelly Eger
Every organization has 3 generations working together but each generation is different from the next. Here are three considerations to keep in mind when creating employee recognition programs for 2016.
Baby Boomers (Age: 70-51)
- Feels rewarded by money (Retirement Plans)
- Will display certificates and letters
- Likes public recognition
Generation X (Age: 50-36)
- Feels rewarded with time off (Vacations – Work/Life Balance)
- Needs regular feedback on their work
- Not attracted to public recognition
Millennials (Age: 35-15)
- Feels rewarded with meaningful work (Company’s Philanthropy)
- Needs communication frequently and will ask for it
- Wants recognition for everyone to see (managers, co- workers, professional network, family and friends
How is your organization doing when it comes to employee recognition?
Terryberry’s 360 Recognition Platform makes it easy to manage all aspects of your recognition program initiatives from one online hub. Modules work together to help you build a culture of recognition in your organization. Plug and Play one recognition module or more anytime to fit your needs as your business changes.
Get a Free Demo, here!
Kelly Eger, MBA
Terryberry’s Business Development Manager for Wisconsin/Eastern Iowa