Here are a few interesting job-related stats:
- 10-14 jobs will be held by the average employee entering the workforce today by age 38
- Over half of all employees plan to leave their current job after the recession ends
- 71% of Gen Y employees expect to find a new job after the recession
- 1 out of 4 employees has been with their current employer for less than a year
- 50% of employees have been with their current employer less than 5 years
How does HR respond to the new career expectations of today’s employees? Success seems to depend a good onboarding processes and engaging new hires starting on day one. (Read up on tools for making employees feel welcome and appreciated – employee recognition tools
What is the HR leader’s role in building long-term employee relationships?