You've come to the right place. In the Employee Service Awards and Recognition FAQs section, you can find information and ideas to help make your experience with Terryberry positive and beneficial. You will learn more about the effective recognition programs we can offer your business, including time, costs, levels of achievement, award redemption and more. Terryberry’s employee recognition programs have been improving the culture of companies for decades and will be a powerful addition to your business.
If our questions and answers don’t cover the information you were hoping to find, simply fill out our contact form and we will be happy to discuss our effective recognition programs with you in greater detail.
1. Why Recognition? Research consistently shows that competitive pay and benefits aren't enough to attract, retain and cultivate the best talent. To increase job satisfaction, you must create pride and foster loyalty at every level of your organization. Especially in these uncertain times, companies must acknowledge their people for their efforts and contributions.
2. How much time is needed to set up a program? Very little of your time is required to set up or administer a Terryberry recognition program. It is our job to get your program up and running so you can enjoy the benefits without adding to your workload. Some programs can be implemented in days, while more expansive programs that include on-line ordering and tracking may take thirty to sixty days to complete. We will work within your timeline to make sure your organization's recognition program is ready when you are.
3. Is it important to include a corporate logo on awards? To be truly effective, an award must be unique and exclusive. Including your logo in a classic, understated fashion is essential. This is what connects the award to the accomplishment and the recipient to the company. A watch is just a watch, but a tastefully designed timepiece featuring your logo is an award available only to those that have earned it.
4. How do I determine a recognition award budget? Typically, organizations spend between $10-$25 per employee per year of service for an award. This translates to a five-year award that is between $50 and $125. What your group chooses to invest may be dependent on the age of the company, type of business and, of course, budget.
5. How do companies differentiate between levels of service or achievement? Surely, both a five-year employee and a twenty-year veteran deserve to be recognized. However, there should be an increase in both real and perceived award value for the employee with more longevity. To recognize ongoing or exceptional performance, you may opt to use a sequence of gemstones and diamonds, upgrade from gold-filled awards to karat gold, or simply grow the number of award choices available to your most senior people. Terryberry proposals include specific recommendations based on years of experience in creating award programs.
6. Are recognition awards taxable? In 1986, the U.S. Congress and President reinforced the importance of employee recognition by making Service and Safety Awards tax deductible for sponsoring companies and excludable from the incomes of individual employees. However, there are some rules. The award must be a part of a "Qualified Plan."; an item of tangible personal property awarded as part of a meaningful presentation and average under $400 with an upper limit of $1,600. Awards over $1,600 are taxable to the recipient only for the amount above $1,600. Your Terryberry consultant can provide details, but you should also consult your tax advisor.
7. Once I have placed an order, how long will it take to get the awards? Initial orders generally require four to six weeks; while subsequent orders can be filled in just three weeks. However, Terryberry prides itself on meeting your delivery requirements. Should unforeseen circumstances cause an immediate need, we will do everything possible to get your awards in time for presentation.
8. Is an awards presentation important? An awards presentation is extremely important. Organizations that understand the value of recognizing their champions with symbolic awards can maximize their investment with an appropriate and thoughtful presentation that will be remembered for years to come. Want to know more? Contact us about "Creating a Moment to Remember", Terryberry's guide to maximizing an award presentation.
9. I've earned an award from my employer. How do I redeem it? Please contact the administrator of your organization's recognition program for information on how to receive your award. Our customer service team is also available to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have additional questions? Contact us.